- - I’ve given myself seventy-two (72) hours to write fifty (50) separate pieces of fanfiction -AGAIN!
I've done it before, and I'm just the right kind of crazy to give it another shot. This time, the fic sprint
will run from 12:00 AM (EST) on March 11th, 2010 to 12:00 AM (EST) on March 14th, 2010.
I’ve decided to lump on the additional challenge of only writing a single pairing from
something of a long-dead (but much loved) fandom. So, on that note, everything
you’ll find here will be centered around C.J. Cregg & Danny Concannon of The West Wing fame.
- - Fics will vary in length and rating. Round .1. saw a lot of shorter pieces leaning towards
the oh-so-harmless end of the spectrum, so, to shake things up, I'm planning on pushing
both the length & rating boundaries during this next sprint. We'll see how that one works.
- - Since there's still a good hunk of time before the next round kicks off, I've set up a
super spiffy PROMPT POST, cause I love prompts. It'd be amazing if you -whoever you are-
took a second to check it out and, you know, maybe submit something. Because that would
be awesome, and I would adore you forever. And use your prompt. Obviously.
- - Once Round 2 gets underway there'll be a post where you can keep track of my progress,
but in the meantime, you could also catch me on twitter, if that's your kind of thing.
There also might be a tumblr in my near future (peer pressure!). So. Yay.
- - Feedback is amazing, whether it gets to me via the comment function on this journal,
through a mailing list, or from a review on ff.net. Due to the crazy time constraints I've got going,
nothing here will be beta read. (The sheer horror of it all!!) But don't worry; I actually do
this -the writing thing - for a living, so I can guarantee you won't find a hot mess of fail here.
Still, I'd appreciate any typo-hunting y'all are willing to do after the fact.